Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mac Addis

A restaurant recently opened on the first floor of my guest house.
They serve a few pasta dishes, burgers, a steak sandwich, and a variety
of pizzas, so from the name I thought it was trying to brand itself as
an Ethiopian fast-food joint. The food is simple, but once I went inside
I realized the atmosphere is surprisingly classy, added to by the
newness of its interior. Someone obviously put a lot of thought into the
design and color scheme. There are comfortable booths along the front
wall with table cloths and small vases of flowers. There is also a low
"second level" after climbing a small set of stairs. Up there they put a
corner sofa area and some small, round tables for two. Against the far
wall is a big, classic looking coffee/espresso maker. Saturday, my
colleague T and I were killing time over a few cups of coffee, and they
even brought out some complimentary popcorn for us. I'm lovin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S