Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Stocking Feet

At 6am, I crawl out from under the mosquito net and wander to the
bathroom in my stocking feet. I flip on the light, and heed the call of
nature. A moment later, I lean in to pull the silver handle, when I
notice, in the corner, near the shower, there is some sort of rock on
the floor. I lean in further and squint my eyes, when the "rock"
suddenly moves. It's legs struggle to push it forward, but it doesn't
get very far. Resisting a near heart attack, I let out a yelp and reel
back slightly. It sloppily jumps again and I scoot out quickly and put
on my shoes. Then, with a little more courage, I go back in and confirm,
yes, there's a small, spotted amphibian in my bathroom, commonly known
as a frog. I stomp my foot and he jumps again. Later, he poses for a few
photos, stars in a home video, and then returns to his "dressing room"
behind the waste basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S