Saturday, May 16, 2009

Afternoon out

Today I took a minivan taxi to the Hilton Hotel to use their ATM machine and then grabbed a taxi over to Tomoca coffee shop. Tomoca was packed with people so it took a while to get the attention of the one woman behind the register. I finally got my turn and ordered some of the different coffee beans they had on offer, Jima, Harar, Sidama and Weliso, along with a cool postcard of dog with the figure of Emperor Haile Selassie (1930-1974) in the background. As I waited for my buna beans to get bagged, a few other out-of-towners strolled in: one bought six 500g bags of coffee beans, another bought 4 over-sized postcards, and two bought cappuccinos before asking me if I knew any good artifact dealers in town. After I was done at Tomoca, I headed back to Chez Glo and knocked on the gate. No one came, so I knocked a few more times and waited, but still no one. Soon, the gardener appeared, but on the wrote side of the gate. He also knocked and we both waited, until he suggested I call M who might be in his room. Luckily M came out and opened the gate for us, exactly 3 minutes before the heavens opened up and it began to pour rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S