Saturday, May 9, 2009

BS Catering

I have no idea what it means, but there is a roadside sign on Bole Road
that indicates the location of BS Catering, a restaurant and cafe not
far from our guesthouse. Maybe "BS" are someone's initials. However, in
any case, after a visit there last week, the place certainly has charm.
Walking down a slope through the large iron gates and past the guard,
who greets us by tipping his hat, we approach a large mansion-like
building. The steps to the entrance lead past an outdoor terrace that
sits in front of a cafe area with a glass pastry case along one wall. We
are seated in the restaurant area, which is actually a series of rooms
that are laid out like a labyrinth throughout the floor of the house. We
weave through the hallway until we get to the last room, large enough to
sit maybe 20 people at most, and take a table along the back wall. The
food is pleasant and I can easily imagine party hosts asking BS to cater
an affair. We finish our meal and shuffle back along Bole and down
Rwanda Road. I arrive back at my room, my private space while here in
Addis that caters to my needs, nearly the same size as the one I'd just
eaten in, and get ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S