Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Procession

On Sunday, as I was walking down Bole Road (the city's main trunk road)
I saw on the other side of the street a procession of people marching
where traffic should have been. I quickly tried to snap a few photos of
the 50 or so people parading down the road, followed by a pickup truck
with a half dozen soldiers in the back holding rifles.
A few minutes later I was in a minibus taxi headed in the same direction
of the parade. We soon caught up with it and I noticed most of the
people were wearing shirts that said Red Cross on them. They were
marching to Meskal Square in the center of town where I could see there
was some kind of event in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S