Saturday, May 9, 2009

Suddenly Michael Jackson

Friday morning I walked into Sultan's office (yes, that's his real name)
for our meeting. He was sitting at his computer working on a complicated
document I was was titled "Trigonometrics". When he saw me, he quickly
closed the document and began searching for the file that contained the
brochure which we were scheduled to discuss. Before he could open the
document, a Kaspersky warning popped up asking if he wanted to permit
the program Google Talk, which I found odd since his office desktop has
no Internet access. I sat down and Sultan asked me if I knew Michael
Jackson. "Yeah, sure," I answered. He quickly fumbled with his cell
phone that was lying next to the computer mouse, and a moment later a
Michael Jackson song began to play from its surprisingly clear speakers.
Sultan continued, in his raspy voice, "I think he plays a concert in the
UK." He was obviously a big fan and I think I had seen something on the
BBC a few months ago about that. "Now Michael Jackson has a lot of
money?" he asked. "I think he used to, but he spent it all and is
selling his things. Maybe the concert in England is to make some money."
The MJ tunes continued to play as we looked over the brochure and then
he saved it on his USB memory and handed it to me to print out. As I
left his office, Sultan reopened his Trigonometrics file and continued
to work, with his handful of Michael Jackson songs apparently on loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S