Friday, August 20, 2010

Kitchen Origami

Although I have a kitchen in the room I'm staying in, and it comes
equipped with some pots and pans and the like, there are no oven mitts.
It wasn't something I thought to bring with me from Japan either. A lot
of pots and pans at home have heat-resistant handles that don't make
them necessary, but the pot I'm using here, even to boil water for tea,
looks like a simple bit of tin or aluminum. All I know is that the
handles on the thing get hot, and how to pour hot water for tea if you
have to wait for the pot to cool? I used to use a pair of socks, but
recently I've found a new solution that is just as effective. I took two
long slips of paper used to request laundry services and folded them a
few times. Then I slip the folded pieces of paper through the handles.
It works surprisingly well, and saves me from having to drape old socks
on the cabinet drawer handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S