Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Secret stash?

I just took a stroll around the grounds to get some air and looked up at
where there is a huge tank, which I presumed was for water, about 30
feet up on a tower. Popping out of the tank like a jack-in-the-box was
one of the maintenance guys who works here. I asked him what he was
doing and he said, with a big grin on his face,"need make a sander!" I
had no idea what he was talking about, but told him to be careful up
there and continued my stroll. On my way back around, I saw one of the
guys from the cafeteria had climbed up there as well, and the two were
talking. It made me wonder, this being Ethiopia and all, if the tank
wasn't full of coffee. If so, maybe the mechanic had been saying, "needs
milk and sugar"?! That's unlikely, but you never know around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S