Tuesday, August 17, 2010

VW rumor

I see a lot of VW "bugs" being driven around Addis Ababa; Ethiopians excel keeping cars running for decades. In these times of economic and environmental consciousness, that's a good tradition to uphold. The term renewables isn't necessarily limited to energy sources, but also the objects we rely on. Nevertheless, it reminds me of a rumor I heard recently that VW is developing a vehicle that actually runs on doo-doo and has been dubbed the "dung beetle". Given Ethiopia's penchant for classics--and that car would indeed be an instant classic--and what with all the donkeys and goats around here, I'm sure it would be an instant hit. My only concern is what kind of gas would come out the tailpipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S