Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Inflight Entertainment

As is my habit, any time I'm about to embark on an international flight I always check the airline homepage for inflight entertainment that will be available. If the Internet connection wasn't so slow here, I probably would have also planned out my meals, perused the wine selection and checked the airplane specs while I was at it. It gives me immense pleasure to plan out 14 hours of airtime where I have nowhere to go except where I'm already headed. I kick of my shoes, tuck a pillow behind my head, order wine and switch on a movie. Ten hours later, when most people have dozed off, it's likely that I'll be on my fourth movie and fifth glass of wine. Anyway, my schedule for my two long-haul flights are addis ababa to dubai: quantum of solace; dubai to japan: city of ember, happy-go-lucky, pride and glory. That leaves me six hours to sleep in the airplane and another 7 hours to zone out in airport lounges, but I figure if you're going to be jet lagged, you might as well have fun in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S