Friday, March 13, 2009

Looks can be deceiving

Previously I wrote about the Ghion Hotel in Bahir Dar where we stayed.
That hotel was fine, especially their garden and patio by the lake, but
the room was very basic. What I forgot to mention was that the double
bed was not "double" in size, but literally, two single beds pushed
together. You can't deny that this is a faithful rendering of "double
bed"! The hotel also provided a mosquito net that I hung from a hook on
the ceiling and tucked around the edge of the beds and behind the
headboards. A mosquito net hangs low near the edges of a bed and you
usually lie in the center so you're not touching it (otherwise the
mosquitoes just bit you through the net). However, I couldn't easily lie
in the center between the two beds, so I stuffed the pillows in the
space between and then lied diagonally across the two beds with my body
slightly bent so I didn't touch the net at all. This sounds more
contortionist than it was, but in any case, I was able to get a good
night sleep that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S