Sunday, March 15, 2009

A pleasant surprise

This morning I walked into the bathroom and tried the faucet in the
sink. A pleasant surprise. I tried the shower and that seemed to be
working as well. Water had drizzled out of the tap before so I was still
somewhat unconvinced that it wouldn't just run dry again in a moment.
However, this time the water pressure seemed to be somewhat promising so
I plugged the tub and let the water fill it. Once there was enough
water--warm water, at that--to pass for a bath, I hopped in. I hadn't
had a real shower since almost a week ago, unless you count cold motel
showers or a self-administered wash cloth wipe down. The warm bath felt
great. The water was only up to my kneecaps, but it didn't matter. I
washed, I scrubbed, I got myself into a full lather; soap bubbles
attacking any possible speck of dirt. When I turned the water back on,
the water pressure stayed strong, so I yanked the plug to the tub and
pulled up the shower valve; the shower head came to life. I stood up and
rinsed all the soap off, feeling a little brighter every second. I even
washed my hair a second time just for good measure. Feeling better than
an infant after a baptism, 15 minutes later I had shaved, trimmed my
beard, brushed my teeth and put on some clean clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S