Tuesday, March 17, 2009

iTunes to the rescue

It's a good thing I went to bed early last night because around 4:30am I was awoken by a couple of stray dogs outside; one had the most pitiful whimper you could possibly imagine, and the other was obviously as annoyed by it as I was and was barking fiercely, "Play me a violin, pal. We've all got problems!" I know it was all very unsympathetic of me to think this way, but did I mention it was 4:30am? Eventually the barker cooled his jets, but ol' whiner just wouldn't quit, so I heaved myself out of bed. I figured I had some work to do, and if nothing else, the Internet connection is faster at that hour so I could check my e-mail and facebook. Of course being preoccupied doesn't eradicate the annoyance of having a dog outside your window announcing to the neighborhood his personal sob story, occasionally interrupted by angry neighbor dogs barking emphatically for him to shaad'up. iTunes to the rescue, I can't tell you how happy I was to have brought some music with me. Soon ol' whiner was lost in an instrumental foray into piece of mind. I fired up my Internet browser, clicking the mouse and tapping my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S