Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Good to see you again

I was greeted by a smiling Dereje at the airport when I arrived. When we
shook hands, we leaned in and did a shoulder bump, and he patted me on
the back with his other hand. In the four months since I was here last,
he hasn't changed a bit.
The sky was a bit overcast, and the weather is cooler here than I
expected. Dereje said it was the first time he can remember that the
rain and cool weather has persisted into October and blames climate
change, saying, "We are already seeing the effects now".
I stopped at my hotel and checked in, cleaned up a bit and changed
clothes before heading out to the office. When I got back outside, the
sun was shining and quite warm--this is the weather I was expecting.
Arriving at the training center, I saw many of the instructors and other
staff, and there were many hand shakes and shoulder bumps to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S