Monday, October 12, 2009

Third Time's a Charm

Heading back to Addis Ababa for another 30-day stint, and there are no doubt a few more vignettes to be posted during that time.
This trip is also for business, but I've arranged to have my wife join me, so should add a nice new dynamic to exploring our surroundings, or just showing her around, and hearing her reactions.
Also, I expect later this week that we may go to Awasa, another city not too far from Addis, but one I have not been to yet.
For now, I'm in Dubai airport, which I have so say, is one of the most accomodating airports I've ever been to. Not only is there extensive shopping and restaurant selections, they have massive lounges with free wireless Internet and battery charging stations, decorated not with adverts but with Gate number signs and arrows, clocks and information flatscreens; everything posted in Arabic and English.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S