Monday, January 25, 2010

ET409

I woke up this morning and, as usual, switched on the BBC. I was immediately wide awake when I saw that an Ethiopian Airlines 737 had crashed due to bad weather conditions over the Mediterranean Sea. The first reports were of 92 on board, although that seems to have been updated to 83 passengers and 7 crew members. Such news is sad and shocking no matter where it happens, but when I went downstairs for breakfast, a man was on his cell phone with someone talking about the crash.
"No, it's terrible! Are you going to be okay? Well, I suppose they'll have a search crew out. What are you going to do today? Go to your sister's house, okay? I'll call you later." Ethiopia is not a very large country, and being in the capital, where Ethiopian Airlines is headquartered, I know that there are people around me who will be affected by this disaster.

1 comment:

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S