Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Over the Rainbow

This evening I went to Rainbow, a Korean restaurant downtown, to have dinner with some colleagues. I grabbed a minibus from my hotel to Bole Road and then walked the remaining way, which took about 15 minutes and helped me work up an appetite. Once everyone arrived, we ordered a round of beers, a couple pajeon (a "pancake" with green onion, i.e. chijimi in Japanese), and bulgogi pan-cooked marinated beef, tofu, onion and kimchi with bowls of rice. Every meal at Rainbow also comes with complimentary banchan, which are side dishes mostly of fermented cabbage, radish and whatnot seasoned with chili peppers and salt. Dinner was great, and afterwards it was still early enough to catch a minibus back to my hotel for just 25 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S