Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hotel Hike

Malawi's president has been named the leader of the African Union today
at the AU Summit in Addis Ababa. Also, Ban Ki-Moon visited the summit
today to speak out against violence against women in conflict areas. All
of this going on just down the road from me, which also explains why
every hotel and guesthouse in the city is booked solid and rates have
been hiked up. I'm still paying the regular rate at my hotel since I've
been here the entire month, but I heard some hotels which usually cost
around $60 per night have hiked their prices to over $100 per night. The
Ambassador, which is supposedly one of the nicest in the city, is up to
$150 I heard; I don't even want to think what the Sheraton is charging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S