Monday, January 18, 2010

Godfather Pizza

Sunday I decided to have dinner at Godfather Pizza, the eye-catching pizzeria in the Gerji area just down from my hotel. I walked in to the small shop, which had soft seating blocks along the front wall and one side wall with pillows to lean back on, and four low tables to eat at. I ordered their Tropical pizza {tomato, mozzarella, spinach, pepperoni, ham, pineapple, and black olives} and a Pepsi, and watched as one cook started rolling out the dough and pinching the end of the crust. I took a seat and pulled out a magazine, sipping my Pepsi as young people came in--both couples and friends--chatting and relaxing as they also waited for their pizzas. After about 20 minutes, my pizza arrived and it looked great. I used a fork and knife at first to eat it while it was hot and the mozzarella stretched out until I cut it, then took the first bite: Don Corleone would have been proud!
Godfather's, I found out glancing at the table-top menus, used to be named "Pizza Spot" and "Sele's Pizza" at some point, and has three shops around Addis. The new name certainly has more character, and a pizza like this deserves the attention it brings. I took my time and finished the whole pie, and my magazine article, and seeing that dusk was setting in, headed back to the hotel full and satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S