Thursday, January 7, 2010

Smooth Arrival

I arrived on time at Bole International Airport and went through Customs
in about 30 minutes; apparently there were more travelers than usual due
to the upcoming holidays. I was somewhat worried because I forgot to
bring my inoculation card, but possibly because of the multiple stamps
already in my passport around my Ethiopia visa, they didn't ask me about
it. I then continued to luggage biting my lip thinking of J's "delayed
bag" last year, but my suitcase came out on the conveyor about 20
minutes later and I headed to the arrivals area where I saw Dereje
waiting for me. A handshake and shoulder bump ensued and then we headed
to the car. After cleaning up at the hotel, Dereje took me to Swiss Cafe
downtown so I could get a sandwich (ham and provolone). He had a Sprite
and we chatted for about 30 minutes, catching up on how the project has
been going while I was gone as well as how J was doing and how his
daughter was doing at school. It was nice to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S