Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hyundai Event

Walking down Bole Road I saw the sign for a local NGO hung on a building
on the other side of a parking lot. There was a road that led wound down
and behind the parking lot and when I got closer to take a look, I
noticed there was an event in progress. It was actually by the Korean
automaker Hyundai. I noticed a guard wearing a beret walking down the
side of the parking lot I was on toward where I was, although not
necessarily toward me. I decided to walk back and avoid any warning from
the guard, but when he saw me turn away he said in a clear voice, "It's
an even to unveil a new car." I turned and he was smiling, just making a
friendly gesture that I could stay if I wanted. I paused and replied,
mostly out of politeness, "Oh, it's a new model they're showing?" He
pointed down to a car and I attempted to confirm by also pointing, "That
one?" "No, no, that one over there," he said and pointed again, but this
time at a big, flatbed truck that was probably used to transport the new
car to this location. I looked at the truck and then back at him; he was
laughing. Pretty good, I thought, and laughed too. He started walking
again and I waved and headed back down the road myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S