Thursday, February 19, 2009

short leash

Forgive the topic, but this post is about toilet paper. Nothing graphic
here, but I just wanted to alert sensitive readers of the fact.

For the most part, Chez Glo has been wonderful in every way, from the
fresh fruits provided at breakfast to the weekly coffee ceremony and
friendly staff. The maid service cleans my room daily, and although I
keep it pretty tidy myself, they fluff the pillows and make the bed with
machine-like precision and straighten out the bathroom. I only wish they
would take note of the amount of toilet paper left on the roll. When
overseas eating new foods, it is of endless comfort to have plenty of
soft 2-ply on hand, if you will. However, last week when the roll was
down to just a few squares, it was not replenished, and I had finally
left the bare cardboard core sitting on top of the toilet tank. In what
reminded me of what a dog on a short leash must feel like, I came back
that evening to find a replacement roll had been provided, but one with
only maybe 20% left on the roll. Today the roll is down to maybe 5% and
I'm faced with the decision of just unrolling the rest of it and hiding
it somewhere so they replace it, or actually take the roll downstairs to
find the maid and gesture my need for a new roll immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment. It requires word verification to reduce spam, but should only take a second. Cheers, S